Citadel is seeking a talented Senior Consultant to support our growing industrial hygiene and safety (IH&S) practice in Southern California. The successful candidate could work from any of the following Citadel office locations – Irvine, Long Beach, or Glendale.
We are an equal-opportunity, family-oriented firm that takes pride in listening to our clients and partnering with them to provide practical solutions that reduce risk and protect employees. We support a variety of industries including higher education, life sciences, property management, construction, and more. Come join a consulting firm that puts people first!
The Senior Consultant engages with clients and prospects directly to understand their challenges and develops and delivers customized solutions. The Senior Consultant maintains and expands relationships with clients, prospects, subconsultants, and vendors.
This position requires a mix of performing technical work for clients and developing business through proactive sales efforts. The successful candidate will have a strong history of managing projects and servicing clients. You will provide technical leadership within Citadel and mentor and manage some staff.
This position reports to the Principal of Industrial Hygiene and Safety.
- Consults with Citadel clients to achieve compliance with health and safety regulations, reduce risk, and achieve other desirable outcomes.
- Assists clients in the development of written policies, programs, and practices.
- Works as an individual consultant or as a member of a team to conduct audits, assessments and inspections.
- Develops and delivers technical health and safety trainings.
- Meets with prospects and clients to discover their needs and develop customized project proposals.
- Performs various types of industrial hygiene and safety consulting work and prepares technical reports with insightful conclusions and recommendations.
- Assists clients in the implementation of Safety and Health programs and assessment recommendations.
- Effectively builds and maintains positive working relationships with clients, co-workers, vendors, and peers.
- Demonstrates consistent quality in delivering desired results and meeting operational needs.
- Is responsible for achieving personal utilization and sales goals and helps staff to achieve their goals.
- 7-10+ years of experience in EHS, preferably in industrial hygiene and/or safety.
- Experience in higher education, life sciences, property management, and/or construction is beneficial.
- Experience in anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of hazards.
- Experience in developing industrial hygiene sampling strategies and performing sampling.
- Experience in performing various types of safety and health assessments.
- Experience in developing and supporting EHS programs either as a consultant or working for a company’s EHS organization.
- Experience in project management and managing client relationships.
- Experience in complying with Cal/OSHA regulations and working with AIHA, ANSI, ASHRAE, and NFPA standards.
- Some experience in selling EHS consulting services.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide consulting support in multiple industrial hygiene and safety areas (e.g., confined space entry, lock out/tag out, electrical safety, radiation safety, chemical hygiene, etc.)
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret regulations to achieve compliance.
- Ability to lead and manage projects from start to completion.
- Ability to work successfully in team-orientated environments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- B.S. degree or higher in Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related science from an accredited school.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds, work some nights and weekends, and pass a background check to obtain security clearance to client sites
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a car, and willingness to travel throughout Southern California
- May occasionally require travel and overnight stays outside of Southern California
- CIH and/or CSP certifications preferred, but not required.
Apply for this position by sending your resume/CV to Shannon Mateik at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org