- Position: Staff Engineer, Geologist or Specialist
- Office Location: Los Angeles (Glendale). Long Beach or Orange County (Costa Mesa)
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Science or relevant experience
- Relevant Licenses and Certificates:
- Current 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification, or ability to work in hazardous environments.
- Current holder of EiT, GiT or equivalent certification, or ability to obtain within one year of employment.
- On track for PE or PG licensure, CHMM, QSD or other professional certification.
- Meets the definition of “Environmental Professional” under AAI
Salary/Compensation: Based on Experience
Citadel EHS seeks a staff-level environmental engineer, geologist, or specialist to assist with a diverse set of projects from a growing client base. Limited travel throughout California is anticipated. The Candidate should possess experience conducting and writing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Phase II Environmental Investigations reports, performing tasks related to collection of soil, soil vapor and groundwater samples, operating and maintaining soil vapor mitigation/remediation and groundwater treatment systems, preparing and managing a variety of work reports and plans including Work Plans, Soil Management Plans, Health and Safety Plans, Risk-Based Assessments, Conceptual Site Models and other similar documents.
The Candidate should have well-developed computer skills, as well as excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Requirements of this position include: strong organizational abilities and strict attention to detail; a willingness to travel, work nights and weekends as projects require; good physical health and ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment; a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Ideal candidate will possess from two to five years of progressive experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Studies or related and relevant experience;
- Minimum two years of related experience;
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification desired;
- Current holder of an EiT, GiT or equivalent certification, or ability to obtain within one year of employment;
- On track for licensure as a Professional Engineer or Geologist, CHMM, QSD or other professional certification;
- Meets the definition of “Environmental Professional” under AAI;
- Experience conducting/preparing Phase I ESA’s and Phase II Environmental Investigations, designing/implementing treatment systems, preparing and managing Work Plans, and Site Safety Plans;
- Self-starter and responsiveness is a must;
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs and excellent written and verbal communication skills are highly desired;
- Should possess good organizational skills and exhibit excellent time management practices;
- Limited overnight travel may be required.
Citadel EHS is an employee-owned, Environmental Health, Safety, and Sustainability consulting firm, with offices throughout Southern California. We offer a wide range of services including engineering and environmental services, industrial hygiene services (IH assessments, indoor air quality assessments and microbial growth investigations), asbestos and lead surveys and monitoring, safety/training, IR thermography, environmental compliance, air emissions, sustainable practices, energy audits, staff outsourcing, and litigation support. We provide services to large institutional clients including the largest companies in the world.
Citadel EHS is an equal opportunity employer in business since 1993. Citadel has been recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the Best Businesses to work for in Los Angeles County. We offer an excellent salary and benefit package with long-term growth potential.
Please email resumes with cover letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org