March 16, 2020
To: Our Valued Clients, Contractors and Suppliers
RE: Citadel EHS, COVID-19 Response
We are open for business. Citadel EHS (Citadel) recognizes that we provide critical EHS expertise needed during a pandemic response and commit to minimize service interruption to the greatest extent possible for the benefit of our Stakeholders (clients, employees and their families, vendors, and community.
In order to meet the above commitment, Citadel EHS is continuing to monitor the COVID-19 outbreak and response guidance from the CDC, OSHA and local health agencies and we would like to inform you of the steps we have taken internally in an effort protect you and our staff while working together.
Our primary operating principle in the event of a pandemic is to keep our Stakeholders safe.
Citadel is following our Pandemic Response Plan which sets out specific actions we will take in response to changing environmental conditions associated with the spread of the Coronavirus in the geographical area of our operations and that of our clients.
In particular, we would like to highlight some of the key actions taken to date:
- Delivered special communications to all of our employees.
- Employees directed to avoid all non-essential business travel and large group gatherings and may be subject to a 14-day self-quarantine if travel is unavoidable.
- Citadel has limited access to all our offices to direct employees, delivery personnel, IT staff and janitorial staff only.
- Citadel employees must contact their client representative prior to visiting the client site to learn of and prepare for any restrictions a client may have imposed. Citadel will comply with our client’s requirements provided they do not put our employees at risk.
- Citadel will inform our client of any presumed or confirmed case involving a Citadel employee known to have visited the client’s site.
We ask that you report any potential exposure of a Citadel employee to a presumed or confirmed case by contacting Shannon Mateik, Citadel HR at email@example.com.
How can we assist you? Many of our clients have already reached out for our support so below is a list of way’s we are able to help you and your team:
- Assist in the proper classification of worker exposure to SARS-CoV2 and recommend controls measures for workers based on their risk classification
- Develop or update Emergency Response Plans to address COVID-19 pandemic / infectious disease response
- Develop or update a Bloodborne Pathogen Plan
- Develop or update a Respiratory Protection Program
- Conduct respirator fit testing for individual employees
- Provide awareness training to employees on personal protective measures
- Review client’s and/or contractor’s workplan and activities to assess engineering controls, PPE, etc. and provide recommendations for improvement
- Provide field oversight of a contractor’s decontamination/sanitization activities
Note that we do not provide any testing for the presence of COVID-19 nor do we provide direct decontamination, cleaning or disinfecting services.
The Citadel Leadership Team and Pandemic Response Coordinator have established routine communications and will stay abreast of the situation and guidance from global, federal, state, and local health agencies, and consider how to incorporate their recommendations and resources into our response plan.
Citadel will promptly communicate any relevant changes to our plan via email to all Citadel employees and any affected clients and contractors.
Please contact Ken Daigle or Anthony Price (818) 246-2707 if you have any questions or need additional information.
Principal, Business Development