Citadel EHS is hiring a staff-level environmental engineer, geologist, or specialist to assist with a diverse set of projects from a growing client base. The successful candidate is expected to work in Citadel’s headquarters in Glendale, but we may consider a position in our Irvine, San Diego, Long Beach, or Valencia offices. Limited travel throughout California is anticipated. The candidate should possess experience conducting and writing Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and Phase II Environmental Investigations reports, performing tasks related to collection of soil and groundwater samples, operating and maintaining soil and groundwater sampling and monitoring equipment , preparing and managing a variety of work reports and plans including Work Plans, Soil Management Plans, Health and Safety Plans, Risk-Based Assessments, Conceptual Site Models and other similar documents.
The Candidate should have well-developed computer skills, as well as written and interpersonal communication skills, and a willingness to travel, work nights and weekends as projects require; climb ladders, carry equipment, manage and oversee construction sites the ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment, including respirators.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. BS in Geology, Engineering, Environmental Studies or related disciplines and/or relevant experience;
2. Minimum two years of related experience;
3. 40-Hour HAZWOPER Certification desired;
4. Current holder of an EiT or GiT certificate, or ability to obtain within one year of employment desired;
5. On track for licensure as a Professional Engineer, Geologist or other relevant professional certification;
6. Meets the definition of “Environmental Professional” under AAI;
7. Self-starter and responsiveness is a must;
8. Working knowledge of construction management, reading and working from blue prints, MS Office, Word, and Excel and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required;
9. Should possess good organizational skills and time management practices;
10. Limited travel including overnight stays may be required.
Citadel Environmental Services, Inc. (dba as Citadel EHS) is an employee-owned, Environmental Health, Safety, and Sustainability consulting firm, with offices throughout Southern California. We offer a wide range of services including engineering and environmental surveys, environmental compliance, air emissions, sustainable practices, industrial hygiene services, asbestos and lead surveys and monitoring, safety/training, ESG services, staff outsourcing, and litigation support.