Are you a razor-sharp professional seeking a new opportunity to work with a wide array of clients for their environmental consulting needs? Are you a great communicator with an eye to detail? Do you like the small company feel but the big company results and capabilities? Then Citadel EHS might have the perfect career opportunity for you!
Citadel EHS is hiring a Full-Time Consulting Specialist to support our growing Industrial Hygiene practice, led by principal Scott Brehmer, in southern California. The successful candidate could work from any of the following Citadel office locations – Irvine, Long Beach, or Glendale. The ideal candidate has the ability to provide consulting support in multiple IH&S service areas (e.g., microbial, IAQ, air sampling for contaminants, written program development, training, etc.), as well as the ability to use IH instruments such as sound level meter, dosimeters, moisture meter, infrared camera, sampling pumps, etc. They should be able to work successfully in team-oriented environments and accept feedback on performance and have the ability to support several projects simultaneously.
About Citadel EHS
Citadel EHS is an employee-owned, Environmental Health, Safety, and Sustainability consulting firm, with offices throughout Southern California. We offer a wide range of services including engineering and environmental surveys, environmental compliance, air emissions, sustainable practices, industrial hygiene services (IH assessments, indoor air quality assessments and microbial growth investigations), asbestos and lead surveys and monitoring, safety/training, ESG services, staff outsourcing, and litigation support. We provide services to large institutional clients including the largest companies in the world.
1. B.S. degree or higher in Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related science from an accredited school
2. 2-4 years of experience in EHS, preferably in industrial hygiene and/or safety
2. Experience in performing EHS-related surveys, assessments, evaluations, and/or investigations
3. Experience in basic industrial hygiene sampling techniques such as surface sampling or air sampling for fungal spores
4. Experience in using industrial hygiene instruments such as a sound level meter, noise dosimeter, infrared camera, or anemometer
5. Experience in writing technical reports
6. Experience in any of the following industries: higher education, life sciences, property management, and construction
Citadel EHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Citadel has been recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the Best Businesses to work for in Los Angeles County. We offer an excellent salary and benefit package with long-term growth potential.