Applicants MUST reside in California. Please do not apply if you don’t meet this requirement.
Are you a razor-sharp professional seeking a new opportunity to work with a wide array of clients for their environmental consulting needs? Are you a great communicator with an eye to detail? Do you like the small company feel but the big company results and capabilities? Then Citadel EHS might have the perfect career opportunity for you!
Citadel EHS is hiring for a Full-Time Senior Consulting Specialist to support our growing Industrial Hygiene practice, led by Principal Scott Brehmer, in southern California. The successful candidate could work from any of the following Citadel office locations – Irvine, Long Beach, or Glendale. The Senior Consultant engages with clients and prospects directly to understand their challenges and develops and delivers customized solutions. The Senior Consultant maintains and expands relationships with clients, prospects, subconsultants, and vendors.
This position requires a mix of performing technical work for clients and developing business through proactive sales efforts. The successful candidate will have a strong history of managing projects and servicing clients. You will provide technical leadership within Citadel and mentor and manage some staff.
About Citadel EHS
Citadel EHS is an employee-owned, Environmental Health, Safety, and Sustainability consulting firm, with offices throughout Southern California. We offer a wide range of services including engineering and environmental surveys, environmental compliance, air emissions, sustainable practices, industrial hygiene services (IH assessments, indoor air quality assessments and microbial growth investigations), asbestos and lead surveys and monitoring, safety/training, ESG services, staff outsourcing, and litigation support. We provide services to large institutional clients including the largest companies in the world.
1. B.S. degree or higher in Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related science from an accredited school
2. 7-10+ years of experience in EHS, preferably in industrial hygiene and/or safety.
3. Experience in higher education, life sciences, property management, and/or construction is beneficial.
4. Experience in anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of hazards.
5. Experience in developing industrial hygiene sampling strategies and performing sampling.
6. Experience in performing various types of safety and health assessments.
7. Experience in developing and supporting EHS programs either as a consultant or working for a company’s EHS organization.
8. Experience in project management and managing client relationships.
9. Experience in complying with Cal/OSHA regulations and working with AIHA, ANSI, ASHRAE, and NFPA standards.
10 Some experience in selling EHS consulting services.
Citadel EHS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Citadel has been recognized by the Los Angeles Business Journal as one of the Best Businesses to work for in Los Angeles County. We offer an excellent salary and benefit package with long-term growth potential.