Website Citadel EHS
Citadel is seeking a talented Consulting Specialist to support our growing industrial hygiene and safety (IH&S) practice in the Orange County market. The successful candidate will work from Citadel’s office in Irvine, California.
We are an equal-opportunity, family-oriented firm that takes pride in listening to our clients and partnering with them to provide practical solutions that reduce risk and protect employees. We support a variety of industries including higher education, construction, local government, and life sciences. Come join a consulting firm that puts people first!
The Consulting Specialist works under the direction of Citadel Project Managers and performs a variety of IH&S consulting projects including assessments, surveys, and investigations. The Consulting Specialist may also serve in a supplemental staff support role, working at a client site as part of their team to fulfill EHS-related responsibilities.
This position reports to a senior staff member in the IH&S department.
- Conducts industrial hygiene surveys including air and surface sampling
- Performs moisture/microbial investigations
- Performs safety-related surveys/inspections
- Develops and delivers health and safety trainings
- Writes technical EHS programs and reports
- Provides EHS consulting support at client-site locations
- 2-4 years of experience in EHS, preferably in industrial hygiene and/or safety
- Experience in performing EHS-related surveys, assessments, evaluations, and/or investigations
- Experience in basic industrial hygiene sampling techniques such as surface sampling or air sampling for fungal spores
- Experience in using industrial hygiene instruments such as a sound level meter, noise dosimeter, infrared camera, or anemometer
- Experience in writing technical reports
- Experience in any of the following industries: higher education, life sciences, property management, and construction
Desired Team Member Traits:
- Humble – confident in skills and knowledge, but without excessive ego
- Hungry – self-motivated with a strong desire to do more and learn more in the pursuit of excellence
- Smart – interpersonally appropriate and aware with good judgement and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of words and actions on others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide consulting support in multiple IH&S service areas (e.g., microbial, IAQ, air sampling for contaminants, written program development, training, etc.)
- Ability to use IH instruments such as sound level meter, dosimeters, moisture meter, infrared camera, sampling pumps, etc.
- Ability to work successfully in team-oriented environments and accept feedback on performance
- Ability to support several projects simultaneously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- B.S. degree or higher in Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related science from an accredited school
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds, work some nights and weekends, and pass a background check to obtain security clearance to client sites
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a car, and willingness to travel throughout Southern California
- May occasionally require travel and overnight stays outside of Southern California
- Candidate working towards CIH and/or CSP is preferred, but not required
Apply for this position by sending your resume/CV to Shannon Mateik at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to smateik@citadelEHS.com