Citadel is seeking a talented Consulting Specialist to support our growing industrial hygiene (IH) and safety practice in the Southern California market, especially in Orange County.
We are an equal-opportunity, family-oriented firm that takes pride in listening to our clients and partnering with them to provide practical solutions that reduce risk and protect employees. We support a variety of industries including higher education, construction, property management, healthcare, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and biotechnology. Come join a consulting firm that puts people first!
This could be your ideal job if you have 1 to 3 years of experience in EHS consulting or corporate EHS with a focus on IH and Safety and are interested in a fast-paced consulting role. In this role you will be working either on site at one of our client locations as an extension of their EHS organization and/or working on a variety of IH and safety consulting projects mainly in the Southern California region.
This position reports to the Associate Principal of Industrial Hygiene and Safety.
- Industrial hygiene surveys
- Moisture/microbial investigations
- Occupational health and safety surveys/inspections
- Developing and delivering health and safety training
- Writing technical reports
- On-site EHS support
- 1-3 years of experience in EHS, preferably in industrial hygiene and/or safety
- Prior experience with IH sampling is required
- Experience in supporting various types of health and safety assessments
- Experience in supporting EHS programs either as a consultant or working for a company’s EHS organization
- Experience in writing technical reports
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting IH sampling data
- Experience in supporting construction projects, universities, or industries with laboratory environments is highly desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide consulting support in multiple industrial hygiene and safety service areas (e.g., microbial, IAQ, air sampling for contaminants, written program development, training, etc.)
- Ability to use IH instruments such as sound level meter, dosimeters, moisture meter, infrared camera, sampling pumps, etc.
- Ability to work successfully in team-oriented environments
- Ability to support several projects simultaneously
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs
- B.S. degree or higher in Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or related science from an accredited school
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds, work some nights and weekends, and pass a background check to obtain security clearance to client sites
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a car, and the ability to travel throughout Southern California
- May occasionally require travel and overnight stays outside of Southern California
- Candidate working towards CIH is preferred, but not required
Apply for this position by sending your resume/CV to Shannon Mateik at [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to smateik@citadelEHS.com