Website Citadel EHS
About the job
Citadel is seeking a talented Staff/Senior Staff level geologist, engineer, or environmental scientist to support our growing Engineering and Environmental Sciences practice in the Northern and Southern California market.
We are an equal-opportunity, family-oriented firm that takes pride in listening to our clients and partnering with them to provide practical solutions that reduce risk and protect employees. We support a variety of industries including manufacturing, real estate acquisition and redevelopment, local government, and litigation support. Come join a consulting firm that puts people first!
We have immediate openings for geologist, engineer, or environmental scientist in our Northern California Bay Area (Walnut Creek) and our Southern California (Glendale, Irvine, Signal Hill) offices. The successful candidate will have and/or develop experience in the environmental consulting industry specifically with experience assessing and remediating hazardous waste sites; site auditing.
In this position, the successful candidate will conduct fieldwork, including soil, soil vapor, groundwater, and air sampling; drilling oversight and soil logging; soil boring and sub-slab and soil- vapor probe and groundwater monitoring well installation; well development and sampling; and construction oversight. Provide construction oversight on environmental remediation projects, including operation and maintenance of environmental remediation systems. Previous work associated with in-situ groundwater treatment, soil vapor extraction (SVE) systems and/or vapor intrusion mitigation systems (VIMS) is ideal. Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports. Along with communicating with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients.
Candidates should be energetic and interested to support and manage high-profile Engineering and Environmental Science related projects, including subsurface soil, soil gas, groundwater, and vapor intrusion investigations and remediation of same through Site closure. Some weekend work may be required as projects require. Excellent communication skills, good physical health and ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment, and valid driver’s license are required. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years of related experience. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply as this is an excellent environment to learn and grow further in the field, as well as within the company.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Engineering, or related discipline; master’s degree and/or professional license a plus.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional consulting experience with investigation/remediation projects under a variety of local, state, and federal regulatory standards, including field assignments preferred.
- Current OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER preferred not
- Experience with vapor intrusion and mitigation assessments and remedial design, planning, and implementation, preferred not required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety
- Must meet company defined, pre-employment alcohol/drug
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving
- Citadel EHS is committed to the professional development and well-being of our employees. The following benefits are offered to employees:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance Employer-401(k) Savings Plan
- Long Term Disability Basic Life/AD&D Voluntary Life/AD&D Wellness Programs
- Paid time off and holidays Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) Health Savings Account (HSA) Supplemental Insurance
- Tuition assistance program Short-Term Incentive Plan (STIP)
- Reward & Recognition Program Training and Professional Development
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
- $60,000.00-$80,000.00/yr. Plus Quarterly Bonuses. ·Full-time ·Associate
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citadel is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Citadel prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Citadel conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com